5 Benefits of Vibration Therapy
Of the many treatment methods utilised within our clinic, vibration therapy is a popular intervention used on clients and especially helpful in aiding recovery from injuries throughout the body. Here are 5 benefits of vibration therapy and how it can help you!
- Increase localised blood flow – Stimulation of blood flow allows for nutrients to reach damaged tissue and accelerate repair and regeneration of new cells
- Prevent muscle atrophy – Nerve root injuries can result in muscle atrophy. Vibration therapy helps dilate capillaries, increase blood flow and therefore strengthen muscular tension, elasticity and tolerance
- Repair injured nerves – Mechanical vibration can promote the repair of damaged nerves by stimulating the regeneration of myelin. Myelin is crucial for optimal nerve conduction and communication throughout the body and important for the repair and recovery of damaged nerves
- Stimulate lymphatic drainage – Our bodies contain a network of vessels responsible for maintaining immune function. Vibration assists in accelerating the drainage process and flushing out inflammatory cells that are responsible for producing pain and chronicity
- Reduce muscle tension – Muscles can develop trigger points, otherwise known as “knots” due to muscle shortening over time. Providing mechanical vibration over these areas helps to reset muscle tone and reduce muscular tension associated with aches and pains