“What else can I do?”
“What else can I do?” Is a question I hear regularly in the clinic. The patient is following their treatment plan with their Chiropractor. They are completing their home exercise routine. So what else?
It’s a great question!
5 more things you can do to help your body heal!
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking water not only keeps you hydrated but it helps you flush toxins out of your body. It can help you flush inflammation from your body and lubricate joints. Hydration has been shown to reduce muscle soreness.
- Set up your workstation ergonomically. Reducing the daily stresses on your body can not only help you heal quicker but help prevent future problems. Make sure your workstation, whether that is a computer desk, ironing board or builders bench is at a good height and you maintain the correct posture while you work.
- Move regularly – Movement has been shown to help reduce the pain felt by the brain. Movement goes against our natural instinct to guard an injury and keep it still. But you will heal quicker if you move. The endorphins created by movement will dull the pain. The movement will also stretch the connective tissue helping you to heal without scarring. Pilates and yoga are great to support long-term movement and health goals. Looking for something local? Try Transform Yoga and Modern/Movement
- Eat well – your diet is important. A healthy diet can reduce inflammation in the body. A good balance of healthy fats, protein and vegetables will support your bodies healing process. Supplements like turmeric and omega oils can then be added if necessary. We recommend Krys Lojek Nutrition in Balgowlah for more advice
- Get plenty of sleep – Sleep in important for so many things. It gives your body time to heal. It reduces stress. Sleep affects your rate of metabolism and can affect how you lose/gain weight.